Created to compete with synthetic chemical products on equal terms, Cutting Edge™ Rooting Gel is a completely organic rooting gel from seaweed, derived from the East Atlantic Ocean. Test-marketing research has proven that in everyday use Cutting Edge will actually out-perform non-organic competitors.
Cutting Edge™ can be used with all rooting mediums.
Benefits of Using Cutting Edge™ Rooting Gel:
- Promotes rapid and vigorous root cell development
- 100% Organic
- Harvested in a sustainable way
- Helps prevent and reduce stem rot
- Improves your plant’s immune system
- Derived from Eastern Atlantic seaweed
- Supplied in a convenient and easy-to-apply packaging
- Easily covers and sticks to plant tissue
How Cutting Edge™ Organic Rooting Gel Works
When taking cuttings, a rooting hormone is invaluable for speeding up the rooting process and preventing rot before roots strike and become established. Until now it has been difficult for the Organic Gardener to find a non-synthetic natural rooting gel that doesn’t disrupt the 100% organic growing process. Now that’s all changed with the release of Cutting Edge™’s 100% natural and Organic Rooting Gel.
This product is made from seaweed which has been harvested from the Eastern Atlantic Ocean. It is cropped in a completely sustainable way which means that the natural harmony and balance of the ocean is not disturbed. The extract from the harvested seaweed contains natural hormones and anti-fungal properties which, when applied to the bottom inch or two of a freshly taken cutting, will greatly speed up the process of striking roots, and help it to resist stem-rot. It naturally helps to strengthen the cutting’s immune system meaning that it will stand the best chance of becoming a robust and well-developed plant.
How to use Cutting Edge™ Rooting Gel:
For best results, only choose healthy and thick-stemmed shoots from the mother plant to take a cutting from.
- Using a sterile and very sharp knife (preferably a brand new sterile scalpel) make a diagonal cut across the stem which is about half an inch to an inch from one of the “nodes” (the point on the stem where leaves come out from).
- Slice off the leaves where they join onto the main stem.
- Coat a bottom couple of inches in the Cutting Edge Rooting Gel and place it into a rooting plug, Rooting plugs such as Root Riot Grow Cubes, ROOT!T Grow Cubes, rockwool plugs or flex mix plugs all work well.
Ideally, keep the cutting(s) in a propagator and keep them lit with a cool-blue fluorescent light above it. Take the lid off and lightly mist the cuttings at least once, if not twice a day until roots have become established.